Re: Quick Re: to Dick Johnson's Re: COTS scope

The DRE code runs on Windows CE.  GEMS runs on Windows 2000, I think
(of course, Ian would be the authority on these questions).  But
GEMS is beyond the scope of the standard.

Inspection of Windows CE would indeed be a major chore.  But without
inspection, how can we have any assurance that there aren't deliberate
backdoors in the OS, for example?

If one of the requirements of the P1583 standard is to accommodate
existing DRE designs, however flawed, we should say so explicitly in
the document.

	Dave