RE: COTS scope

Herb,
Rebecca and I sifted through 45 comments formally submitted against a draft of
1583, and we spent many weeks arriving at resolutions that satisfied most of the
parties that volunteered to be part of the COTS STG.

Then, we had to make numerous requests to get most of those resolutions edited
into the document; some still are not part of the document.

Now, someone who is not a member of the committee proposes undoing much of that
work, and I have already written a reply to the STG (and, therefore, to you)
explaining why much of what he has written would not be acceptable.

And, as I understand your comment below, by virtue of the fact you support his
approach, he is invited to finish his work while what Rebecca and I did will be
in large part discarded.

Is my understanding correct, or am I missing something?

Vince Lipsio

<d.patterson@populex.com>, Rebecca Mercuri <mercuri@acm.org>, "Vincent J. Lipsio"
<Vince@lipsio.com>, Doug Fletcher <dfletcher@pivotint.com>
| Subject: RE: COTS scope
| Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:47:59 -0600
|
| I support this approach. Do you want to take a crack at the modifications to
| 5.6.1.1, 5.6.1.2, and 5.6.2.3 to make it consistent with the additions to
| the scope?

The contents of this email are my personal opinion
and do not necessarily reflect the official position
of Lipsio Enterprises, a Corporation.