Re: Re: 178B

Doug,
> Is it possible to get an electronic copy of the 178B requirement? I would like
> to review them in reference to your comments and the COTS committee.

   Unfortunately, I don't own an electronic copy of it, although I'd be
willing to purchase a copy if P1583 would seriously consider using it
as a reference for mission-critical software.

   Document DO-178B, "Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and
Equipment Certification", can be purchased for $160.50 at:
http://www.rtca.org/onlinecart/allproducts.cfm

   BTW, I do own the IEEE software engineering standards that I referenced
in my comments and should ask an IEEE lawyer about the legality of sharing
them with other members of our committee.

I hope this helps,
Vince